wait_rabbit 发表于 2014-01-27 10:15

Richard Stallman 对 LLVM 的怨念很大啊

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-01/msg00247.htmlIn the free software movement, we campaign for the freedom of the users of computing. The values of free software are fundamentally different from the values of open source, which make "better code" the ultimate goal. If GCC were to change from a free compiler into a platform for nonfree compilers, it would no longer serve the goal of freedom very well. Therefore, we had to take care to prevent that.

The Clang and LLVM developers reach different conclusions from ours because they do not share our values and goals. They object to the measures we have taken to defend freedom because they see the inconvenience of them and do not recognize (or don't care about) the need for them. I would guess they describe their work as "open source" and do not talk about freedom. They have been supported by Apple, the company which hates our freedom so much that its app store for the ithings _requires_ all apps to be nonfree.

The nonfree compilers that are now based on LLVM prove that I was right -- that the danger was real. If I had "opened" up GCC code for use in nonfree combinations, that would not have prevented a defeat; rather, it would have caused that defeat to occur very soon.

For GCC to be replaced by another technically superior compiler that defended freedom equally well would cause me some personal regret, but I would rejoice for the community's advance. The existence of LLVM is a terrible setback for our community precisely because it is not copylefted and can be used as the basis for nonfree compilers -- so that all contribution to LLVM directly helps proprietary software as much as it helps us.

If you think we ought to "compromise" on this point, please see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html.

The only code that helps us and not our adversaries is copylefted code. Free software released under a pushover license is available for us to use, but available to our adversaries just as well. If you want your work to give freedom an advantage, use the leverage available to you -- copyleft your code. I invite those working on major add-ons to LLVM to release them under GNU GPL version-3-or-later.这是要圣战的节奏吗?

BSD 和 GPL,到底谁更 freedom?

Hongqiyaodao 发表于 2014-01-27 12:14

sunny7476 发表于 2014-01-27 12:29

Richard Stallman就是GPL狂热者徒,除此之外所有理性的东西都听不进去。GPL只是GPL,不能与Free完全画等号,为了代码公开的延续性牺牲了部分自由特性,就不能认为是完全的Free了。

ahocat 发表于 2014-01-28 11:02

GPL原教旨主义者!
:mrgreen:

kangtian 发表于 2014-01-28 11:22

据说他年轻时是个舞蹈好手,后来膝盖受伤才转行当程序员、黑客的。

还有,据说他几乎不用信用卡结账,能用现金就用现金,买飞机票除外。

pitonas 发表于 2014-01-28 14:45

人才啊:em17:
kangtian 发表于 2014-01-28 04:22 static/image/common/back.gif
据说他年轻时是个舞蹈好手,后来膝盖受伤才转行当程序员、黑客的。

还有,据说他几乎不用信用卡结账,能 ...

wait_rabbit 发表于 2014-01-28 15:02

sunny7476 发表于 2014-01-27 12:29 static/image/common/back.gif
Richard Stallman就是GPL狂热者徒,除此之外所有理性的东西都听不进去。GPL只是GPL,不能与Free完全画等号, ...

不得中行而与之,必也狂狷乎。

狂者进取,也是蛮可爱的。

gvim 发表于 2014-01-28 17:21

太执着就物极必反了

Hongqiyaodao 发表于 2014-01-28 21:20

Hongqiyaodao 发表于 2014-01-28 22:08

页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: Richard Stallman 对 LLVM 的怨念很大啊