Chinaunix

标题: [三道贩子] Haskell Weekly News: May 12, 2009 [打印本页]

作者: MMMIX    时间: 2009-05-12 22:59
标题: [三道贩子] Haskell Weekly News: May 12, 2009
Haskell Weekly News: May 12, 2009
http://sequence.complete.org/hwn/20090512

Announcements
----
The Haskell Platform. Don Stewart announced  the first release of the Haskell Platform: a single, standard Haskell distribution for every system. The Haskell Platform is a blessed library and tool suite for Haskell culled from Hackage, along with installers for a wide variety of systems. It saves developers work picking and choosing the best Haskell libraries and tools to use for a task.

GHC version 6.10.3. Ian Lynagh announced the release of GHC 6.10.3. This release contains a handful of bugfixes relative to 6.10.2 and better line editing support in GHCi, so updating is recommend. See the release notes for more details.

Bindings for libguestfs. Richard W.M. Jones announced some partial bindings for libguestfs.

Heads up: Conflicting versions of network-2.2.1. Johan Tibell announced  a heads-up that the version of network-2.2.1 that shipped with GHC 6.10 differs from the one on Hackage. If you want the API additions that are present in network-2.2.1 on Hackage, be sure to use network-2.2.1.1 instead.

hpc-strobe-0.1: Hpc-generated strobes for a running Haskell program. Thorkil Naur announced the initial release of hpc-strobe, a rudimentary library that demonstrates the possibility of using Hpc (Haskell Program Coverage) to inspect the state of a running Haskell program. hpc-strobe uses the basic machinery provided by Hpc to produce multiple tix files, also called strobes, representing the coverage at different times while the program is running. By subtracting such two tix files, again using Hpc machinery, a tix file representing the expressions used between the times of recording the subtracted tix files is produced. This may be used, for example, to get a better idea of what a long-running program is doing. It could also be used as a profiling tool, getting information about how many times individual expressions are used.

BUG FIX release of regex-tdfa-1.1.2. ChrisK announced version 1.1.2 of regex-tdfa, a bug-fix release.

Silkworm game. Duane Johnson announced the release of Silkworm, a game written in Haskell using Hipmunk and GLFW.

Quotes of the Week
----
NeilBrown: I heard that if you chant "I don't think this can be done in Haskell" three times in front of a text editor, Don Stewart appears and implements it in one line...

bos: The last couple of times I've wanted a book like that, I wrote the book myself. It's a very effective way to get the book you want, compared to wishing.

====
完整信息见原文

欢迎光临 Chinaunix (http://bbs.chinaunix.net/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2