最近访问板块 发新帖
查看: 3893 | 回复: 20
打印 上一主题 下一主题

改fireware的口令 [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 18:12 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
各位老大,我这儿有一台SUN的服务器,安的是solaris5.7 不知是否我操作不当,还是别的原因,造成了没有了root用户,而且我的系统里面只有这一个超级用户,我平时都是远程管理的,现在在本地也看不到login的画面了,系统报错没有了超级用户,也不能telnet到这台机器,我现在很急,不知谁有办法帮我搞定,我不想重装系统,因为要装很多的东西,而且现在很多人在用

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 18:20 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

光盘解决

论坛徽章:
3 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 19:05 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

如何解决,因为我没有装过,能不能说详细一点,我从论坛的贴子里找了一些解决方法,但当我插入光盘,按STOP+A 进入后显示boot go 和login三个选项,我试了下命令ok boot cdrom -s但它让我输入firmware的密码,我怎么知道firmware的密码

论坛徽章:
4 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 19:08 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

那就没办法了。

论坛徽章:
5 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 20:24 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

知道了fireware的口令可以用光盘引导;知道了root可以改fireware的口令,两个都不知道只有找sun公司解决了

论坛徽章:
6 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-14 20:28 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

我现在两个都不知了,看来只有找SUN了,好像他们也是只给你换芯片,如果换芯片,那就比较麻烦了

论坛徽章:
7 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-15 02:34 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

Losing the root password is not uncommon but losing a root account is really bizarre.

Back to eeprom PASSWORD:

(A) 如果不想弄脏你的手, 看来只有找SUN了.

OR

(B) SOME VERY, VERY, VERY SERIOUS "FUN" IF YOU ARE ADVENTUROUS...

Before reading on

W A R N I N G !!!                                       
        you could lose all your data AND              
                       your job                                                   

You have been warned.

"From www.netbsd.org SPARC/port FAQ [See full reference below]" ==>;

The PROM wants a password when I abort booting (top):

CASE 1:
You need physical access to the machine to erase the password. Power off, power on, hold [L1]+[N], (or [STOP]+[N]) until the PROM prompt. This will reset your PROM to the factory defaults.

CASE 2:
Alternatively (THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART), power on, abort, wait for the password prompt, carefully remove the PROM chip, hit return, carefully replace the PROM, enter a new password.

Comments
CASE 1: does NOT always Work.
(My experience: I have tried this in quite a number of occasions on very old SPARC/ULTRASPARC machines)

CASE 2: this method is apparently more effective.
(My experience: again, only on my spare SPARC/ULTRASPARC machines).

But you have to check yourself if your are the kind of person for the job.

For example,

Ask yourself frankly, if in front of the problem of losing root account, 而且现在很多人在用:

(1) your hands are not shaky?
(2) your heart beat is still normal?
(3) your life insurance policy will be invalidated if you get electricuted or have an heart attack (remember this method is not for the faint of heart) because of this act?

if any of your answers to Q1 to Q3 is yes, forget it AND 找SUN ba!

But if you still want to try, you still have to figure out how to solve
而且现在很多人在用. For example, do you have a backup server to switch servers?

My advice: 找SUN ba!

===============================================
REFERENCE

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc64/faq.html =>;

Other sources of information =>;

Sun NVRAM/Hostid FAQ - if your machine PROM's battery has gone dead

[i.e. ==>;
http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html ]

Frequently Asked Questions about Sun NVRAM/hostid == Q7

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html#prom-passwd
@The PROM wants a password when I abort booting (top):-

You need physical access to the machine to erase the password. Power off, power on, hold [L1]+[N], (or [STOP]+[N]) until the PROM prompt. This will reset your PROM to the factory defaults.
Alternatively (this is not for the faint of heart), power on, abort, wait for the password prompt, carefully remove the PROM chip, hit return, carefully replace the PROM, enter a new password.

http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html
@ Odds and Ends:-

Resetting the NVRAM (when Stop-N doesn't do it)
You might want to do this to recover from the loss of an NVRAM password (in full security mode) or if you mess up your nvramrc. I think that the safest thing to do is pay the $20 for a new Timekeeper chip. But several people have reported to me success hot-swapping the NVRAM (i.e. removing and installing a new chip when the system is on).

dowdy@cs.colorado.edu (Stephen Dowdy) writes:
>; (this may apply to other SPARC models.)
>; IPC --  remove NVRAM, power-up without.  *carefully* hot-plug it in when OK
>;     prompt comes up (after it says CHECKSUM failure).  do:
>;         OK set-defaults
>;         OK set-defaults
>;     then power-cycle
>;
>; SS2 --  you need to boot from a good NVRAM, then hot-swap the "bad" one
>;     and "set-defaults".  Only if the L1-N (or is it L1-D) thingy
>;     doesn't work for you.

===============================================

论坛徽章:
8 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-15 16:39 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

thanks En_route,I want to try it

论坛徽章:
9 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-15 17:18 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

明天有空找个机器的OK加个口令,看看能用什么办法进去。

论坛徽章:
10 [报告]
发表于 2003-10-15 17:36 |只看该作者

改fireware的口令

[quote="sword"]thanks En_route,I want to try it[/quote]

I like your decison.

Below is my experience with my SparcStation 4 (only the real date replaced by 200x and my real name by En_route). Hope that it gives you more "ammunition" for the task.

Looking back: DanDa, shou you ding (VERTICAL pull), xin you xi -- like any real professional !

BTW: the title of the posting should be more appropriately called Re-setting the eeprom password or
Relaiming a machine secured by a passworded eeprom

This becomes a "JiBenGong" for shoping around 2-hand unix machines, in particular sun machines -- low-end or even high-end(if you can absorb the consequence of failure).

=============================================
The PROM wants a password when I abort booting (top)
[Extracted from http://www.netbsd.org NetBSD/SPARC FAQ]

Alternatively (this is not for the faint of heart), power on, abort, wait for the password prompt, carefully remove the PROM chip, hit return, carefully replace the PROM, enter a new password.

200x.11.05: This morning, I tried the faint of heart.

Step 1:         After booting and before it settled, I “[stop] + [a]” the SUN SPARCstation 4 machine. The machine prompted for b=boot, c=continue, n=new commands:

Step 2: I key-ed in ‘n’, and as frustrated as before, SS4 requested for a PROM password which I did not have..

Step 3:         With the machine still running, I used a pair of clippers to pull out the PROM IC( Good GOD, quite forcefully, for this was my first trial, and the whole operation sounded bizarre at least for the non-EE engineer) .

Step 4: I then key-ed in ‘n’ again. The machine responded with the ‘ok’ prompt instead of asking for the PROM password.

Step 5: I put the PROM IC back in its slot and key-ed in the command ‘password’. I then enter the new password (8 chars) and re-keyed in again the password as requested by the machine for confirmation.

Step 6: So I reboot and THANK GOD, I have my own PROM password for my SS4 machine. I can now install Solaris, Linux, or NetBSD as I wish with the boot cdrom command. And added to my knowledge, what an eeprom does!

En_route 200x.11.05
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP