最近访问板块 发新帖
查看: 661 | 回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Three years with Linux [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2006-03-30 10:17 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
I been a Linux user for three years now; and a computer user for six. I must say at first was hard, but now i must say it was well worth it. The first Linux distro i use was Red Hat 9; i use countless distro after that. I have also use Suse, Mandrake, Lycros, Xandros, Unbutu, Debian, and many more then i can remember. At first I would barely touch my Linux, I bought this book on Red hat 9. What i found out later on was that most the information was on the web; i really don't regret buy it cause nothing beat hard copy. With Linux i been having my up and down. There no i can ask for help in person, but the same is true for Windows. I the one everyone ask question about come, call me my family personal technician. Anything raging for the ipod to to what ever new tech toy they get. I can't complain I can say i have learn how people go about computer and there computer problem.
One thing I get don't how people say Linux not ready for desktop, I would say is windows not ready for desktop. Linux doesn't have ad-ware, virus, or major security holes. I get to the point I'm using Fedora Core 5, i trust when the a security hole it get fix in a timely matter, not that i have to wait for the second Tuesday of the month. Now let talk about money, Fedora Core 5 $2 (let count the DVD, and other for time but really is free), Window let give it $150. Windows should be 75 times better, but it not. To do a brand new install on Windows take a hour to install and about 4 hours get updates ( hey i remember last almost a whole day, installing updates and software so my cousin would fuck the computer to quick). To do a brand new install of Fedora Core 5 about a hour and half (hey I'm lazy, I would go on the web and chat while i update it and install mp3). Fedora Core 5 comes with all the software that i really need chat, word, music and video player. There not much to do after, in that sense Linux actually boring, it up and run with doing much. There two thing that i use that wouldn't with out
a lot effort and that is my printer (barely use) and my web cam. This not Fedora or any other Linux fault first this two thing actually give trouble working in Windows which support. The hardware I see the problem is that u can't go to your local best buy and buy something that actually say support Linux kernel 2.6.X; not even the hard disk; which it will work, and so one.
One thing people ask me when I say i am a Linux user is does AOL Aim work; I would say na but theres gaim which you can talk to people that use aim. See they really don't ask can i do this on Linux, what they ask can I use this or that. So this where Linux is lacking software that are mainstream that what we need. We need be able and go buy a software at local best buy, not only the OS. We need be able buy Linux pre-install, hey I don't care if they only support one Linux that I don't use but Dell pick one, there no need support more then that.
Linux much better then windows no one can argue that. To is install a software on Fedora Core all i do is run Yum Extender, and i also update it. Now only the software that make the core of the system like Windows (IE and Windows media player are core, can't take them out right) but the whole system for my gaim to the kernel. If there a security hole most likely I would have install before I would read on the news, on windows other companies give away patch for IE cause Microsoft to slow on it. Remember this a system that cost $150 and Fedora Core 5 is $2, where my money going, ain't for support of my system I see, not for new feature. I know my $2 is not going to it going Fedora Core and i getting better support. Now tell me this make sense, Linux better the windows. Installing software is a lot easier on Fedora Core then windows, maintaining easier; what windows have Linux don't is a monopoly, a way to control the industry, mainstream software, and a logo say this support Linux or design for Linux. I been happy with my three with Linux and i wouldn't and don't go on the web with windows.

本文来自ChinaUnix博客,如果查看原文请点:http://blog.chinaunix.net/u/13212/showart_92719.html
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP