发表于 2004-02-26 09:11 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
能否共享一下,贴进论坛或mail to me.

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2004-02-26 10:09 |只看该作者

谁有oracle9i在aix 5上的安装文档?

Skip Headers

Oracle9i Installation Guide
Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) for UNIX Systems: AIX-Based Systems, Compaq Tru64 UNIX, HP 9000 Series HP-UX, Linux Intel, and Sun Solaris
Part No. A96167-01  
Contents
Index

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation
This chapter describes how to start the Oracle Universal Installer and install Oracle9i products on your system. Review and complete the tasks listed in Chapter 1, "Oracle9i Installation Planning" and Chapter 2, "re-Installation Requirements" before beginning the installation. This chapter contains the following sections:

Installation Mount Options

Oracle Universal Installer

Non-Interactive Installation and Configuration

Oracle Real Application Clusters

Installation Mount Options
The product is delivered on more than one CD-ROM. The Oracle9i CD-ROMs are in ISO 9660 format with Rockridge extensions. You can either choose to install Oracle9i directly from the CD-ROMs, or copy the CD-ROM contents and then install from your system hard drive. You must complete the procedures required for the installation method you choose before starting the Oracle Universal Installer.

Installing Oracle9i from the CD-ROMs

Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive

Note:

Oracle Corporation does not support using the Oracle Installer shipped with releases 7.x, 8.0.x, and 8.1.x and 9.0.1 to install 9.2.0.1.0 components.  

Installing Oracle9i from the CD-ROMs
Use the following procedures to install Oracle9i from the CD-ROMs.

For operating systems that do not support automatic mounting of CD-ROMs, Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 CD-ROMs must be mounted manually. You must have root privileges to mount or unmount a CD-ROM. Be sure to unmount a CD-ROM before removing it from the drive.

Mounting and Installing from the CD-ROMs

Refer to these mounting procedures during installation as necessary:

Mounting CD-ROMs for AIX

Mounting CD-ROMs for HP

Mounting CD-ROMs for Linux

Mounting CD-ROMs for Solaris

Mounting CD-ROMs for Tru64

Mounting CD-ROMs for AIX

Mount disk 1 to begin the installation. Mount the subsequent disk or disks when prompted to do so. Follow these steps to mount the Oracle9i CD-ROM manually:

Place Oracle9i CD-ROM disk 1 in the CD-ROM drive.

Log in as the root user and create a CD-ROM mount point directory, if one does not already exist, by using the following commands:

$ su root
# mkdir cdrom_mount_point_directory

Use the following command to determine the device_name:

# lsdev -Cc cdrom

The output should be similar to the following:

cd0 Available 10-60-00-4, 0 SCSI Multimedia CD-ROM Drive

Mount the CD-ROM drive on the mount point directory, then exit the root account by using the following commands:

# mount options device_name cdrom_mount_point_directory
# exit

Example 3-1 shows how to mount the CD-ROM manually.

Example 3-1 Mounting the AIX CD-ROM Manually

$ su root
# mkdir /cdrom
# mount -rv cdrfs /dev/cd0 /cdrom
# exit

In the preceding output, /dev/cd0 is the CD-ROM device.

Caution:

Do not run the Installer while the CD-ROM directory is the current directory or you will be unable to unmount the next CD-ROM when prompted to do so.  

Mounting CD-ROMs for HP

Mount disk 1 to begin the installation. Mount the subsequent disk or disks when prompted. You must have root privileges to mount or unmount a CD-ROM. Be sure to unmount the CD-ROM before removing it from the drive. Follow these steps to mount the Oracle9i CD-ROM manually:

Use the following command to determine the device_file:

$ ioscan -fun -C disk

The output should be similar to the following:

disk     10  10/12/5.2.0   sdisk       CLAIMED   DEVICE    TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5701TA /dev/dsk/c4t2d0   /dev/rdsk/c4t2d0

If there is not already an entry in the /etc/pfs_fstab file for your CD-ROM device, you must add one. As the root user, use a system editor to add a line to the /etc/pfs_fstab file following this format:

device_file mount_point filesystem_type translation_method

In the preceding format, the first entry is the CD-ROM device, the second entry is the mount point, and the third entry indicates that the CD-ROM to be mounted is in ISO9660 format with Rockridge extensions.

The device_file in this example is /etc/pfs_fstab. For a CD-ROM device with the path /etc/pfs_fstab, you would enter the following:

/dev/dsk/c4t2d0 /SD_CDROM pfs-rrip xlat=unix 1 0

$ su root

Enter the following commands:

# nohup /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &
# nohup /usr/sbin/pfsd &

Place Oracle9i CD-ROM disk 1 in the CD-ROM drive and mount the CD-ROM by entering the following command:

# /usr/sbin/pfs_mount /SD_CDROM

Log out of the root account.

# exit

If you run the Installer while the current working directory is in the CD-ROM, follow these steps to mount the next CD-ROM:

Change to your system's root directory and log in as the root user:

$ cd /
$ su root

To unmount the CD-ROM, use the following command:

# /usr/sbin/pfs_umount /SD_CDROM

Remove the CD-ROM from the CD-ROM drive.

Insert the required CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive and mount it with the following command:

# /usr/sbin/pfs_mount /SD_CDROM

Enter the correct mount point in the Installation dialog box.

Click OK to continue.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Linux

Mount disk 1 to begin the installation. Mount the subsequent disk or disks when prompted.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Linux with Auto Mounting Software

If you are using auto mounting software, the CD-ROM is mounted automatically to the directory specified in your auto mount configuration when you insert it into the CD-ROM drive. Proceed to "Oracle Universal Installer" on page 3-10.

To check if you have auto mounting software, use the following command:

$ ps -aux | grep automount

If you have auto mounting software, the output must be similar to the following:

root 628 0.0 0.2 1148 588 ? S 17:32 0:00 /usr/sbin/automount /misc file /etc/auto.misc

In the preceding output, the /etc/auto.misc entry defines the directory under the /misc file where the CD-ROM will be mounted.

If the auto mounting software is running and configured properly, the CD-ROM is mounted automatically. Proceed to "Oracle Universal Installer" on page 3-10.

If no lines are returned, the auto mounting software is not running, and you will have to mount the CD-ROM manually. Proceed to "Mounting CD-ROMs for Linux Manually".

Follow these steps to mount subsequent CD-ROMs:

Remove the CD-ROM from the CD-ROM drive by using the following commands:

$ cd /
$ eject

Insert the next CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive and enter the correct mount point in the Installation dialog box of the Oracle Universal Installer.

Click OK to continue.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Linux Manually

To mount the Oracle9i CD-ROM manually, use the following steps:

Log in as the root user and, if necessary, create a CD-ROM mount point directory by using the following commands:

$ su root
Mount the CD-ROM drive on the mount point directory by using the following commands:

Exit the root account.

# exit

If you are unsure of the correct device_name, consult your system administrator. Typically, the device_name is /dev/cdrom.

Example 3-2 shows how to mount the CD-ROM manually.

Example 3-2 Mounting the Linux CD-ROM Manually

$ su root
# mkdir /cdrom
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
# exit

If you run the Installer while the current working directory is in the CD-ROM, follow these steps to mount the next CD-ROM:

Change directory to the root directory of your system and log in as the root user by using the following commands:

$ cd /
$ su root

Unmount the CD-ROM by using the following command:

# umount cdrom_mount_point_directory

Insert the next CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive and then use the following command to mount it:

# mount cdrom_mount_point_directory

Enter the correct mount point in the Installation dialog box of the Oracle Universal Installer.

Click OK to continue.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Solaris

Mount disk 1 to begin the installation. Mount the subsequent disk or disks when prompted.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Solaris with Volume Management Software

If you are using Volume Management software (available by default on Solaris), the CD-ROM is mounted automatically to the /cdrom/orcl92010_1 directory when you insert it into the CD-ROM drive. Proceed to "Oracle Universal Installer".

To check if you have Volume Management software, use the following command:

$ ps -e | grep vold

If you have Volume Management software, the output must be similar to the following:

404 ? 16:03 vold

If the Volume Management software is running, the CD-ROM is mounted automatically. Use the following commands to unmount subsequent CD-ROMs:

$ cd /
$ eject

After entering these commands, proceed to "Oracle Universal Installer".

If no lines are returned, then Volume Management software is not running, and you will have to mount the CD-ROM manually. Proceed to "Mounting CD-ROMs for Solaris Manually".

Follow these steps to mount subsequent CD-ROMs:

Remove the CD-ROM from the CD-ROM drive by using the following commands:

$ cd /
$ eject

Insert the next CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive and enter the correct mount point in the Installation dialog box of the Oracle Universal Installer.

Click OK to continue.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Solaris Manually

Follow these steps to mount the Oracle9i CD-ROM manually:

Log in as the root user and, if necessary, create a CD-ROM mount point directory by using the following commands:

$ su root
Mount the CD-ROM drive on the mount point directory, then exit the root account by using the following commands:

# exit

If you are unsure of the correct device_name, consult your system administrator. Typically, the device_name is /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0.

Example 3-3 shows how to mount the CD-ROM manually.

Example 3-3 Mounting the Solaris CD-ROM Manually

$ su root
# mkdir /cdrom
# mount -r -F hsfs /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 /cdrom
# exit

Change directory to the root directory of your system and log in as the root user by using the following commands:

$ cd /
$ su root

Insert and mount the next CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive by using the following command:

Enter the correct mount point in the Installation dialog box of the Oracle Universal Installer.

Click OK to continue.

Mounting CD-ROMs for Tru64

Follow these steps to mount the Oracle9i CD-ROM manually:

Log in as the root user and create a CD-ROM mount point directory, if one does not already exist, by using the following commands:

$ su root

Use the following command to determine the device_name:

$ ls /dev/disk/cdrom*c

The command should return a line similar to the following:

/dev/disk/cdrom0c

Mount the CD-ROM drive on the mount point directory, by using the following commands:

Exit the root account.

# exit

Example 3-4 shows how to mount the CD-ROM manually.

Example 3-4 Mounting the Tru64 CD-ROM Manually

$ su root
# mkdir /cdrom
# mount -t cdfs -r -o nodefperm,noversion,rrip /dev/disk/cdrom0c /cdrom
# exit

$ cd /
$ su root

Insert and mount the next CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive by using the following command:

Click OK to continue.

Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive
You can avoid the need to mount and unmount CD-ROMs during installation by copying the contents of each CD-ROM to your system's hard drive. You must have a filesystem that is not in use by other applications and at least 2.5 GB of disk space available.

Copy the CD-ROMs to your system hard drive. Copy each CD-ROM to a directory on a single mount point with the same name as the CD-ROM. For example, copy disk 1 to a directory named Disk1.

Start the Oracle Universal Installer. The Installer automatically finds the contents of each CD-ROM and does not prompt for the location of any CD-ROM during the course of the installation.

Oracle Universal Installer
The following procedure describes the installation of products using the Oracle Universal Installer.

Caution:

Do not run the Installer as the root user.

Start the Installer from the CD-ROM mount-point directory at the root directory level with the following command:

$ /cdrom_mount_point_directory/runInstaller

Note:

The Oracle Universal Installer is capable of running a non-interactive installation of Oracle products and can optionally be configured for "non-interactive" mode. For instructions on using this feature of the Installer, see Non-Interactive Installation and Configuration .  

Caution:

Oracle Universal Installer automatically installs the Oracle-supplied version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). This version is required to run Oracle Universal Installer and several Oracle assistants. Do not modify the JRE except by using a patch provided by Oracle Support Services. The Installer also installs JDK 1.3.1 on Linux and Solaris. On AIX, HP, and Tru64, the Installer prompts for the downloaded/installed location of JDK 1.3.1.

After the Installer starts, the Welcome window appears.

Click Next.

If the Installer is running on a cluster, then the Cluster Node Selection window appears. Select the nodes on which you want to install the Oracle software. The local node is always selected by default.

If this is the first time any Oracle9i product has been installed on the current system, the File Locations window appears. Specify the base directory where you want to install the Oracle software.

If any Oracle9i product has been installed on the system, go to step 8.

Click Next.

The UNIX Group Name window appears. In the UNIX Group Name field, specify the ORAINVENTORY group. Members of this group are granted permission to update Oracle software on the system. Review "Create a UNIX Group for the Oracle Universal Installer Inventory" on page 2-29 if you are not sure what group to specify to own oraInventory files.

Click Next.

If the /etc directory does not exist or is not writable by the oracle user on AIX, HP, Linux, or Tru64, or the /var/opt/oracle/ directory does not exist on Solaris, or is not writable by the oracle user, an Installer window appears prompting you to run the /tmp/OraInstall/orainstRoot.sh script in another terminal window as the root user. When the script has finished running, click Retry to continue the installation.

The File Locations window appears. Do not change the text in the Source field. The Source field specifies the location of the installation files.

Attention:

A note window opens only if you have not completed all the required pre-installation steps. If you choose to run the orainstRoot.sh script, the oraInventory file and other files oracle account uses will be written in the
$ORACLE_HOME directory to ensure that oracle account has write access. This configuration may not be optimal for your system or your needs. Oracle Corporation recommends that you complete the steps described in Chapter 2, " Pre-Installation Requirements".

Enter the Oracle home directory path in the Destination field. The directory path is where you want to install Oracle9i products. If you set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable before starting the Installer, the Installer uses this directory path as the default value in the Destination field.

You must install Oracle9i products into a new Oracle home directory. You cannot install Oracle9i products into a directory that contains older versions of the software.

Caution:

If you have an existing Oracle home directory created with a pre-9.0.x release, you must change the default Oracle9i installation location to a different location.  

Click Next.

The Available Products window appears. Select the product that you want to install and click Next. Based on your selection, proceed to one of the following installation guide sections:

If you select...  See...  
Oracle9i Database  "Installing Oracle9i Database".  
Oracle9i Client  "Installing Oracle9i Client".  
Oracle9i Management and Integration  "Installing Oracle9i Management and Integration".  

See Also:

"Oracle9i Products for Installation" for more information on product installation types.
Appendix A, "Oracle9i Components" for more information on the products installed with each installation type.

Installing Oracle9i Database
After selecting Oracle9i database from the Available Products window, the Installation Types window appears. Follow these procedures to install Oracle9i database:

Select Enterprise, Standard, or Custom Installation, then click Next.

Go to one of the following sections based on the selection you made in step 1.

If you select...  See...  
Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition  "Oracle9i Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition Installation".  
Custom  "Oracle9i Database Custom Installation".  

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition Installation
When you select Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition Installation, the Database Configuration Types window appears.

Select the appropriate database and click Next.

If you select...  Then Oracle Universal Installer...  
General Purpose  Installs a preconfigured database optimized for general purpose usage.  
Transaction Processing  Installs a preconfigured database optimized for transaction processing.  
Data Warehouse  Installs a preconfigured database optimized for data warehousing and OLAP.  
Customized  Allows you to create a customized database. This option takes longer than the pre-configured options.  
Software Only  Installs software only and does not run any configuration tools.  

The Privileged Operating System Groups window appears if the oracle account is not a member of the OSDBA group created in "Create UNIX Groups for Database Administrators", or if there is a UNIX group with a name other than dba that serves as the OSDBA group.Enter the UNIX group name that serves as the OSDBA group. If a separate UNIX group serves as the OSOPER group, specify it in this window as well.

Click Next.

If the Oracle Universal Installer detects an earlier version of an Oracle database on your system, you are prompted to upgrade your database with the Database Upgrade Assistant. Select the Upgrade an Existing Database check box to have Database Upgrade Assistant start immediately after installation to upgrade your database to an Oracle9i database.

If you choose to upgrade your database, go to step 8.

Note:

Do not upgrade an Oracle9i database configured for use with Oracle Internet Directory through this installation type. Oracle9i database and Oracle Internet Directory upgrades must be performed by following the procedures in "Oracle Internet Directory Installation".  

Click Next. The Database Identification window appears.

Enter the Global Database Name and System Identifier (SID) in the appropriate fields:

In this field...  Enter the...  
Global Database Name  Full database name that uniquely distinguishes it from any other database in your network domain. For example:
sales.acme.com

In the preceding example, sales is the name you want to call your database and acme.com is the network domain in which the database is located.

SID  System Identifier, the database instance name that uniquely distinguishes it from any other database on your system. The SID field defaults to the database name portion of the Global Database Name (sales in the preceding example) until it reaches eight characters in length or you enter a period. You can accept or change the default value.  

Click Next. The Database File Location window appears.

In the Directory for Database Files field, enter the directory location of the database file. Alternatively, use the Browse... button to navigate to the directory location of the database file.

Note:

The preceding two steps appear only if you choose the customized database option. Oracle Corporation recommends that database files and Oracle software files be installed on separate disks.  

Click Next.

The Database Character Set window appears. Choose the database character set that you want to use from the available options.

Click Next. The Summary window appears.

Review the information to ensure that you have enough disk space and click Install.

The Install window appears and displays a progress meter. The Installer goes through the install and relinking phases, so the meter adjusts for each phase completion.

If you are installing from the CD-ROMs, you will be prompted to insert the subsequent disks to continue with installation.

Run the root.sh script when prompted.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. Log in as the root user and run the script. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root-related configuration activities. To run the root.sh script use the following commands:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

If you install Oracle Real Application Clusters, then you must run the root.sh script on every node in the cluster.

When the root.sh script runs successfully, return to the Oracle Universal Installer, and click OK in the Alert window.

The Configuration Tools window appears at the end of the installation depending on the selections you made previously.

The configuration assistants help you create and configure the database and network environment. Table 3-1 describes the configuration assistants.

Table 3-1 Configuration Assistants for Enterprise or Standard Edition Installation

The...  Starts...  And...  
Oracle Cluster Configuration Assistant  when Oracle Universal Installer is started on a cluster. It does not show up when the Software Only option is selected  starts Global Services Daemon (GSD) on all the nodes selected for installation.  
Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  in all cases except if you selected the Software Only configuration type  guides you to configure the network. See "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for more information.  
Database Configuration Assistant  if you selected not to upgrade an existing instance and no "Software Only"  automatically creates an Oracle9i database. See "Database Configuration Assistant" for more information on database types.  
Oracle HTTP Server Configuration Assistant  in all cases except if you selected the Software Only configuration type  starts the HTTP Listener in non-SSL mode on port 7777.  
Oracle Intelligent Agent Configuration Assistant  in all cases except if you selected the Software Only configuration type  automatically starts the Intelligent Agent Service.  
Database Upgrade Assistant  if you selected to upgrade a database  upgrades the selected database to Oracle9i.  

Note:

If you are installing a database and want to unlock administrative user passwords after installation, click the Password Management button in the Database Configuration Assistant dialog box.
See "Reviewing User Names and Passwords" for more information on password management.

The End of Installation window appears if the configuration assistants are successful.

If a configuration assistant fails, the Configuration Tools window displays the results of running these assistants. Correct the cause of the failure and click Retry to re-install, or click Next to continue.

The End of Installation window appears.

Click Exit to exit the Oracle Universal Installer, or click Next Install to install additional products. Selecting Next Install returns you to the Oracle Universal Installer File Locations window.

See Also:

"Reviewing a Log of an Installation Session" for more information on the log file. Oracle Universal Installer creates a log file to keep an inventory of products that it installs on your system.  

Oracle9i Database Custom Installation
When you select Custom Installation, the Available Product Components window appears. It displays all products and components available for installation. A typical Custom Installation configuration is selected by default.

Select the products you want to install or deselect products you do not want to install and click Next.

Provide responses to any window prompts that appear.

The Summary window appears.

The Installer notifies you if you do not have enough disk space to install the products you have selected. If necessary, deselect products in order to select a configuration suitable for your system. Otherwise, click Install.

The Install window appears.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. Log in as the root user and run the script. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root related configuration activities. To run the root.sh script, use the following command:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

If you install Oracle Real Application Clusters, you must run the root.sh script on every node in the cluster.

When the root.sh script runs successfully, return to the Oracle Universal Installer, and click OK in the Alert window.

The Configuration Tools window appears at the end of installation, depending on the selections you made previously.

The configuration assistants help you create and configure the database and network environment. Table 3-2 describes the Configuration Assistants.

Table 3-2 Configuration Assistants for Custom Installation

Oracle Cluster Configuration Assistant  when the Oracle Universal Installer is started on a cluster. It does not show up when the Software Only option is selected  starts Global Services Daemon (GSD) on all the nodes selected for installation.  
Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  when you select any products that require network configuration  guides you to configure the network. See "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for more information.  
Database Configuration Assistant  when you select:
Oracle9i Server in the product selection screen

AND

you chose not to upgrade

AND

Yes when prompted to install an Oracle9i database
guides you in creating an Oracle9i database. See "Database Configuration Assistant" for more information.  
Oracle HTTP Server Configuration Assistant  when you select the Oracle HTTP Server in the Available Products window  starts the HTTP Listener in non-SSL mode on port 7777.  
Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant  when you select to install Oracle Management Server in the Available Products window  allows you to configure the local Oracle Management Server to use an existing 9.2.0.1.0 repository or to create a new 9.2.0.1.0 repository.
See Also: Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Guide for more information on how to use this assistant.

Oracle Intelligent Agent Configuration Assistant  when you select the Intelligent Agent  automatically starts the Intelligent Agent Service.  
Database Upgrade Assistant  when you select to upgrade a database  upgrades the selected database to Oracle9i database.  

The End of Installation window appears if the configuration assistants are successful.

If a configuration assistant fails, the Configuration Tools window displays the results of running these assistants. Correct the cause of the failure and click Retry to re-install, or click Next to continue. Then the End of Installation window appears.

Click Exit to exit the Oracle Universal Installer, or click Next Install to install additional products. Selecting Next Install returns you to the File Locations window.

See Also:

"Reviewing a Log of an Installation Session" for more information on the log file. Oracle Universal Installer creates a log file to keep an inventory of products that it installs on your system.  

Installing Oracle9i Client

Note:

For a list of products installed with each installation type, see the appropriate product section in Appendix A, "Oracle9i Components".  

After selecting Oracle9i Client from the Available Products window, the Installation Types window appears.

Select the Oracle Client installation type you want to install, then click Next.

If you selected...  See...  
Administrator and Runtime  "Oracle9i Client Administrator and Runtime Installation" on page 3-20.  
Custom  "Oracle9i Client Custom" on page 3-22.  

Oracle9i Client Administrator and Runtime Installation
Follow these procedures to perform a Client Administrator or Runtime installation:

After selecting Administrator or Runtime Installation, click Next.

The Available Products Components window appears.

Select the products you want to install or deselect products you do not want to install and click Next.

Review the information to ensure that you have enough disk space. You cannot make any product or space allocation changes once the installation begins.

Click Install.

The Install window appears and displays a progress meter. The Installer goes through the install and relinking phases, and the meter adjusts for each phase completion.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root-related configuration activities. Log in as the root user and run the script. To run the root.sh script, use the following command:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

The Configuration Tools window may appear at the end of installation, depending on the selections you made previously.

The configuration assistant helps you create and configure the database and network environment. Table 3-3 describes the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant.

Table 3-3 Configuration Assistant for Oracle9i Client Installation

Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  In all cases  Guides you to configure the network for the client. For more information, see "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for details.  

If the configuration assistant fails, the Configuration Tools window displays the results of running this assistant. Correct the cause of the failure and click Retry to re-install, or click Next to continue.

Click Exit to exit Oracle Universal Installer, or click Next Install to install additional products. Selecting Next Install returns you to the File Locations window.

See Also:

Oracle9i Client Custom
Follow these procedures to perform a Client Custom installation:

After selecting Client Custom installation, click Next.

The Available Products window appears and displays all products available for installation.

Select products you want to install or deselect products you do not want to install, then click Next. A typical Custom Installation configuration is selected by default.

Provide responses to any prompts that appear.

Review the information to ensure that you have enough disk space and click Install.

The Install window appears and displays a progress meter. The Installer goes through the install and relinking phases, and the meter adjusts for each phase completion.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root related configuration activities. Log in as the root user and run the script. To run the root.sh script, use the following command:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

The Configuration Tools window may appear at the end of installation, depending on your selections previously.

The Configuration Assistant helps you to create and configure the database and network environment. Table 3-4 describes the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant.

Table 3-4 Oracle Net Configuration Assistants

This Assistant...  Starts...  And does the following...  
Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  If you selected any products that require network configuration  Guides you to configure the network for the client. For more information, see "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for details.  

Click Exit to exit Oracle Universal Installer, or click Next Install to install additional products. Selecting Next Install returns you to the Oracle Universal Installer File Locations window.

See Also:

Installing Oracle9i Management and Integration
When you select Management and Integration Installation, the Installation Types window appears.

Select Oracle Management Server, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Integration Server or Custom and click Next.

If you selected...  See...  
Oracle Management Server  "Oracle Management Server Installation".  
Oracle Internet Directory  "Oracle Internet Directory Installation".  
Custom  "Oracle9i Management and Integration Custom Installation".  

Note:

For a list of products installed with each installation type, see Appendix A, "Oracle9i Components".  

Oracle Management Server Installation
After selecting Oracle Management Server in the Installation Types window, the Oracle Management Server Repository window appears. Follow these procedures to install Oracle Management Server:

Select the repository that you want to use with Oracle Management Server.

Select  If...  
Existing repository  a 9.2.0.1.0 repository has already been created and configured for the environment that you want to manage and you want this Management Server to share the existing 9.2.0.1.0 repository
or

you want to upgrade an existing release 2.x or 9.x repository to a 9.2.0.1.0 repository.

New repository  a 9.2.0.1.0 repository has not been created and configured for the environment that you want to manage.

Review the information to ensure that you have enough disk space and click Next. You cannot make any product or space allocation changes once the installation begins.

Click Install.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root related configuration activities. Log in as the root user and run the script. To run the root.sh script:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

If you install Oracle Real Application Clusters, you must run the root.sh script on every node in the cluster.

Provide responses to Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant (EMCA) based on your selections.

Note:

The default port number used by most databases is 1521. Additional windows appear to help you create a repository in the selected database.  

See Also:

Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Guide for more information on Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant and on repository migration and upgrade.  

If you use Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant, click Close to exit. Otherwise, go to step 7.

The End of Installation window appears. To exit the Oracle Universal Installer, click Exit. To install additional products, click Next Install. This returns you to the File Locations window.

See Also:

"Reviewing a Log of an Installation Session" for more information on the log file.
Oracle Universal Installer creates a log file to keep an inventory of products that it installs on your system.

Oracle Internet Directory Installation
The following table summarizes the steps you need to perform to install Oracle Internet Directory. Proceed to one of the following selections:

If Oracle database...  Then the...  Go to...  
9.2.0.1.0 is already installed in the same Oracle home, but Oracle Internet Directory 9.2.0.1.0 is not installed  Using An Existing Instance window appears and you are prompted for the SID you want to use for Oracle Internet Directory  Step 1 of "Oracle Internet Directory Installation" .  
9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Internet Directory 9.2.0.1.0 are not installed in the same Oracle home  Database Identification window appears and Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 database is automatically installed in the same Oracle home directory with Oracle Internet Directory 9.2.0.1.0  Step 3 of "Oracle Internet Directory Installation".  
Oracle Internet Directory release 2.1.1.x or 3.0.1.x is already installed in Oracle home  Upgrade OID window appears and prompts you to upgrade to Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 database and Oracle Internet Directory 9.2.0.1.0  Upgrading Oracle Internet Directory.  

After selecting Oracle Internet Directory in the Installation Types window, the Using an existing instance window appears. Follow these procedures to install Oracle Internet Directory:

Choose between one of the following options:

To use the existing database from the current Oracle home for your Oracle Internet Directory installation, select Yes. Click Next.

To create a new database for your Oracle Internet Directory installation, select No. Click Next. Go to step 3.

The Database Identification window appears. Enter the SID of the existing database and click Next. Go to step 4.

Note:

This database must reside in the current Oracle home directory.  

The Database Identification window appears. Enter values for the Global Database Name and SID in the appropriate fields. Click Next.

In this field...  Enter the...  
Global Database Name  Full database name that uniquely distinguishes the database from any other database in your network domain. For example:
sales.us.acme.com

In the preceding example, sales is the name you want to call your database, and us.acme.com is the network domain in which the database is located.

System Identifier (SID)  System identifier, the database instance name that uniquely distinguishes it from any other database on your system. The SID automatically defaults to the database name portion of the global database name (sales in the preceding example) until you reach eight characters or enter a period. You can accept or change the default value.  

The OID Database File Location window appears.

Enter a directory location in which to install the Oracle Internet Directory database files. These database files contain tables specific to Oracle Internet Directory that were created during configuration.

Note:

Oracle Corporation recommends installing database files and Oracle software on separate partitions. For more information on creating reliable system architecture, see "Using Optimal Flexible Architecture ".  

Click Next. The Summary window appears.

Review the information to ensure that you have enough disk space. You cannot make any product or space allocation changes once the installation begins.

Click Install.

The following values are automatically set during installation:

Setting  Value  
Use of an Encrypted Password  Yes  
Encryption Schema  MD4  
Approximate number of directory entries to be stored in Oracle Internet Directory  Under 10,000 entries  
Password of the Administrator Distinguished Name  welcome  

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root-related configuration activities. Log in as the root user and run the script. To run the root.sh script enter the following commands:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

When the root.sh script runs successfully, return to the Oracle Universal Installer. Click OK in the Alert window.

The Configuration Tools window appears at the end of installation and automatically starts the following assistants to create and configure your network and Oracle Internet Directory environments. Table 3-5 describes the configuration assistants.

Table 3-5 Configuration Assistants

Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  in all cases  guides you to the network. See "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for details.  
Database Configuration Assistant  in all cases except when using an existing database in the Oracle home for the Oracle Internet Directory installation  automatically creates an Oracle9i database. See "Database Configuration Assistant". It also creates Oracle Internet Directory tablespaces and schema in the Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 database when installing the Oracle Internet Directory in a new Oracle home that does not have Enterprise Edition installed.
Note: If a database must be installed, the Database Configuration Assistant automatically launches to create a database with the AL32UTF8 character set.

If you are doing a Custom Installation of Oracle Internet Directory, do not change the Global Database Name and SID in the Database Identification window, or you will not successfully install Oracle Internet Directory.

OID Configuration Assistant  in all cases  starts the Oracle Internet Directory Server and configures the default schema and the Directory Information Tree to support various Oracle components.  

If a configuration assistant fails, the Configuration Tools window displays the results of running these assistants. Correct the cause of the failure. To run the tool, select it and then click Retry, or to continue, click Next.

The End of Installation window appears. To exit the Oracle Universal Installer, click Exit. If you want to install additional products, click Next Install. Selecting Next Install returns you to the File Locations window.

Note:

If you install Oracle Internet Directory server, then Oracle Directory Integration Platform server is automatically installed. If you install Oracle Internet Directory client, then Oracle Directory Integration Platform client is automatically installed.
Ensure that the passwords for the database users SYSTEM and SYS are changed after the installation.

See Also:

Upgrading Oracle Internet Directory

Oracle Internet Directory upgrade is supported from Oracle Internet Directory version 2.1.1.x and 3.0.1.x. If the Oracle home where you intend to perform the upgrade of Oracle Internet Directory also contains a complete Enterprise Edition installation, then you must perform the Oracle Internet Directory upgrade before performing the Enterprise Edition upgrade.

Single-Node Upgrade

Perform the following procedures to upgrade the OID installed in the Oracle home.

Preparing to Upgrade Oracle Internet Directory

Starting Oracle Internet Directory Upgrade

Preparing to Upgrade Oracle Internet Directory

Before upgrading Oracle Internet Directory, stop the following processes:

Oracle Internet Directory processes (OID Monitor, OID Server, Replication Server, Directory Integration Server), OID database, and listener.

Note:

It is strongly recommended that you back up the schema information and data in the existing Oracle Internet Directory version. The best way to do this is to create a backup of the database.  

Starting Oracle Internet Directory Upgrade

The Upgrade OID window appears if you have a previously installed version of Oracle Internet Directory on your system. Follow these procedures to upgrade Oracle Internet Directory:

The Upgrading an Existing Database window appears. Select the Oracle Internet Directory Oracle8i or Oracle 9.0.1 database to do the upgrade.

To upgrade an existing Oracle8i or Oracle 9.0.1 database already configured for use with Oracle Internet Directory, click Yes.

Click Next. The Oracle SID window appears.

Enter the SID of the Oracle8i or Oracle 9.0.1 database that must be upgraded.

Click Next.

The Configuration Tools window appears and automatically starts the following assistants to upgrade your Oracle8i or Oracle 9.0.1 database and Oracle Internet Directory environment. Table 3-6 describes the Configuration Assistants.

Table 3-6 Configuration Assistants

The...  Upgrades...  
Database Upgrade Assistant  Oracle8i, Oracle 9.0.1 to Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0 database  
OID Upgrade Assistant  Oracle Internet Directory 2.1.1.x or 3.0.1.x to 9.2.0.1.0
See Also: Appendix D of the Oracle Internet Directory Administrator's Guide for more information on upgrading an existing OID database.

See Also:

"ost-Upgrade Tasks for Oracle Internet Directory" for more information on post-upgrade tasks.  

Upgrading Oracle Internet Directory in a Multi-Node Environment

You can upgrade a multi-node OID system in two ways.

Upgrading One Node at a Time

Upgrading all the Nodes at the Same Time

Upgrading One Node at a Time

In this method, while the upgrade on one node is in progress, all the other nodes remain available. This method requires you to follow the following guidelines.

When you are upgrading a replication network one node at a time, the upgrade is not complete until all the nodes are upgraded. However, during this period, all network nodes except the one being upgraded, remain available.

While an upgrade is in progress, only one node should be read-write. The rest should be read-only.

Perform the upgrade on the Master Definition Site (MDS) before you upgrade the other sites.

Perform the following pre-upgrade tasks to upgrade one node at a time:

Shutdown the OID processes.

Delete ASR push jobs temporarily.

Run the delasrjobs.sql script located in $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin directory. This script deletes the Oracle9i Replication jobs on other master sites that push changes to the MDS. Deleting these jobs temporarily removes the node from the replication environment so that no changes can be applied to it. Other nodes, however, remain operational and continue replicating changes.

Note:

Perform the upgrades at each node. See "Single-Node Upgrade" for more information.  

Perform the following post-upgrade task to upgrade one node at a time:

Create ASR push jobs.

After you have upgraded the node, create jobs on other nodes by executing $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin/creasrjobs.sql on the upgraded node. This script creates on the other nodes the jobs that were deleted in the pre-upgrade task. These jobs now start pushing the existing changes and new changes on other nodes to the node you have just upgraded.

Upgrading all the Nodes at the Same Time

If you use this method, the system is not available during the upgrade process. Perform the following pre-upgrade steps to upgrade all the nodes at the same time:

Set all the nodes in the network to read-only mode.

Edit the input files:

dn:

changetype: modify

replace: orclservermode

orclservermode: r

Run the following command against all the nodes in the replication network:

ldapmodify -D <super-user DN>; -w <super-user password>; -h <host-name>; -p <port number>; -f input_file.ldif

Wait until all the changes in the change log queue have been applied. Before moving to the next step, wait for the change log queue to empty.

Note:

If you skip this step, then the changes in the change log queue will be applied once the nodes are upgraded.  

Verify that you have stopped the OID processes and shutdown the database.

Note:

Perform the upgrades at each node. See "Single-Node Upgrade" for more information.  

Backward Compatibility

When an existing replication Directory Replication Group (DRG) is being upgraded, some of the updates made on the upgraded OID 9.2.0.1.0 will not replicate to the old version node which is not yet upgraded. These upgrades will eventually replicate successfully once the consumer is also upgraded to 9.2.0.1.0. If possible,

do not make changes on upgraded nodes unless all the nodes in the DRG are upgraded.

if you need to update upgraded nodes, then do not push the changes to the other nodes unless they are upgraded. Pushing the changes can be temporarily disabled by bringing the replication server in a specific mode ( -o FALSE). Run the following command to start the replication server in this special mode:

oidct1 connect=<conn string>; server=oidrepld instance=1 flags="-p <port>; -h <host>; -o FALSE" start

Note:

All the updates made on an older version of OID node will successfully replicate to the 9.2.0.1.0 node.  

Oracle9i Management and Integration Custom Installation
When you select Custom Installation, the Available Product Components window appears. Follow these procedures to perform an Oracle9i Management and Integration Custom Installation:

Note:

For a list of products installed with each installation type, see the appropriate product section in Appendix A, "Oracle9i Components".  

Select products you want to install or deselect products you do not want to install, then click Next.

Provide responses to any window prompts that appear.

The Installer notifies you if you do not have enough disk space to install the products you have selected. If necessary, deselect products in order to select a configuration suitable for your system. If this is not necessary, click Install.

The Installer creates the root.sh script in the Oracle home directory and prompts you to run the script when it finishes installing Oracle products. The root.sh script sets the necessary file permissions for Oracle products and performs other root related configuration activities. Log in as the root user and run the script. To run the root.sh script:

# cd $ORACLE_HOME
# ./root.sh

The Configuration Tools window may appear at the end of installation, depending on the selections you made previously. The Configuration Assistants help to create and configure your database and network environment.

Table 3-7 describes the Configuration Assistants.

Table 3-7 Configuration Assistants

Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  when you select any products that require network configuration  guides you to the network. See "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" for more information.  
Database Configuration Assistant  when you select:
Oracle9i server in the product selection screen

AND

you chose not to upgrade

AND

you select Yes when prompted to install an Oracle9i database
automatically creates an Oracle9i database. See "Database Configuration Assistant" for more information.  
Oracle HTTP Server Configuration Assistant  when you select the Oracle HTTP Server in the Available Products window  starts the HTTP Listener in non-SSL mode on port 7777.  
Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant  when you select to install Oracle Management Server in the product selection screen  allows you to configure the local Oracle Management Server to use an existing 9.2.0.1.0 repository or to create a new 9.2.0.1.0 repository.  
OID Configuration Assistant  when you select the Oracle Internet Directory in the Available Products window  starts the Oracle Internet Directory Server and configures the default schema and the Directory Information Tree to support various Oracle components.  
Workflow Configuration Assistant  when you select Oracle Workflow  configures the Oracle Workflow schema in the database.  
Database Upgrade Assistant  when you select to upgrade a database  upgrades the selected database to Oracle9i.  

If a configuration assistant fails, the Configuration Tools window displays the results of running these assistants. Correct the cause of the failure. To run the tool, select it and then click Retry or to continue, click Next.

To exit the Oracle Universal Installer, click Exit. Or to install additional products, click Next Install. Selecting Next Install returns you to the File Locations window.

Reviewing a Log of an Installation Session
The Installer creates the oraInventory directory the first time it is run to keep an inventory of products that it installs on your system as well as other installation information.

The location of the oraInventory directory is defined in the /etc/oraInst.loc file for AIX, and the /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc file on HP, Linux, Solaris, and Tru64.

The log file of the most recent installation is:

oraInventory_location/logs/installActionsdate_time.log

Previous installation log files also use the log file name format:

installActionsdate_time.log

For example:

installActions2001-02-14_09-00-56-am.log

Note:

Do not delete or manually alter the oraInventory directory or its contents. Doing so can prevent the Installer from locating products that you install on your system.
The make.log file in $ORACLE_HOME/install directory contains a log of every make file action executed during the installation process. The make.log file also records any link errors during installation. Do not delete or alter the make.log file.

Non-Interactive Installation and Configuration
You can perform a non-interactive installation of Oracle9i products by supplying the Oracle Universal Installer with a response file. The Installer uses the variables and values contained in the response file to provide answers to some or all of the Installer prompts. If you include responses for all of the Installer's prompts in the response file, then you can run a non-interactive installation that displays no graphical output. You can also run Database Upgrade Assistant, Oracle Net Configuration Assistant, Database Configuration Assistant, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant in non-interactive mode by using response files.

Preparing a Response File
Oracle Corporation provides response file templates for each installation category and type, and for configuration tools. They are located in the response directory on the Oracle9i CD-ROM. Table 3-8 lists the response files included on the Oracle9i CD-ROM.

Table 3-8 Response Files

File Name  Description  
enterprise.rsp  Enterprise Edition Installation of Oracle9i Server  
standard.rsp  Standard Edition Installation of Oracle9i Server  
custom.rsp  Custom Edition Installation of Oracle9i Server  
oms.rsp  Oracle Management Server installation of Oracle9i Management and Integration  
oid.rsp  Oracle Internet Directory installation of Oracle9i Management and Integration  
infrastructure.rsp  Custom installation of Oracle9i Management Infrastructure  
clientadmin.rsp  Administrator installation of Oracle9i Client  
clientruntime.rsp  Runtime installation of Oracle9i Client  
clientcustom.rsp  Custom installation of Oracle9i Client  
dbca.rsp  Database Configuration Assistant  
netca.rsp  Oracle Net Configuration Assistant  
emca.rsp  Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant  

To use a response file, copy the response file from the Oracle9i CD-ROM to a directory on your system. For example:

$ cd cdrom_mount_point_directory/response
$ cp enterprise.rsp local_directory

Edit the response file with any text editor. Each response file contains instructions for configuring it properly to serve your requirements. Custom response files require extensive editing before you can use them for a non-interactive session.

Installing with a Response File
To use a response file with the Oracle Universal Installer, follow the steps described in the section in this chapter called "Oracle Universal Installer" on page 3-10. Refer to the response file for required configuration information and parameters by specifying the response file location when you start the Installer. Use the following command format:

$ /cdrom_mount_point_directory/runInstaller [-silent] -responseFile filename

Input the -silent parameter to perform a completely non-interactive installation or configuration. In non-interactive mode, the DISPLAY environment variable must still be set as described in "DISPLAY" on page 2-37.

Configuring With a Response file
To use a configuration assistant in non-interactive mode, do one of the following:

Configure an Oracle Universal Installer response file to spawn the non-interactive configuration assistant.

Run the configuration assistant in stand-alone mode. Use the following command format:

$ assistant_name [-silent] -responseFile filename

In the preceding command, assistant_name is the configuration assistant that you want to run and filename is the response file for that assistant.

If you perform an Oracle9i Enterprise Edition installation in non-interactive mode, then Oracle Net Configuration Assistant will not configure your system at the end of the installation. After the installation, run the Oracle Net configuration with the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant by executing the netca command from the Oracle home directory.

Note:

The Installer or configuration assistant fails if you attempt a non-interactive session without appropriately configuring a response file. See "Response File Error Handling" for more information on troubleshooting a failed non-interactive installation.  

See Also:

Oracle Universal Installer Concepts Guide for more information on preparing and using non-interactive installation and configuration assistant response file scripts.
See also the OracleMetaLink Web site http://www.oracle.com/support/metalink if you are an Oracle Support customer. You can find new bulletins and responses to questions about non-interactive installation and configuration

First Time Installation in Non-interactive Mode
During an interactive installation, the orainstRoot.sh script creates the oraInst.loc file. If you have not previously installed Oracle products on a system, you must manually create the oraInst.loc file before running the Installer in non-interactive mode. This file specifies the oraInventory directory where the Installer creates the inventory of Oracle products installed on the system. Read the /tmp/silentInstall.log file for information on running the orainstRoot.sh script.

See Also:

Chapter 1, "Oracle9i Installation Planning" and Chapter 2, " Pre-Installation Requirements" before creating the oraInst.loc file for more information.  

To create the oraInst.loc file on AIX:

$ su root

If the /etc directory does not already exist on your system, create it by entering the command:

# mkdir /etc

Change directory to the /etc directory:

# cd /etc

Using a text editor, create a file called oraInst.loc that includes the following two lines:

inventory_loc=inventory_directory
inst_group=

On the first line, set the inventory_loc parameter to the directory defined by the ORACLE_BASE variable and the file named oraInventory. For example, if the value of the ORACLE_BASE variable is /u01/app/oracle, then set inventory_directory to /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory.

On the second line, include, but do not set, the inst_group= parameter.

The oraInst.loc file should be owned by both the oracle user and the ORAINVENTORY group.

# chown oracleinstall oraInst.loc
# chmod 664 oraInst.loc

To create the oraInst.loc file on HP, Linux, Solaris, or Tru64:

$ su root

If the /var/opt/oracle directory does not already exist on your system, create it by entering the command:

# mkdir /var/opt/oracle

Change directory to the /var/opt/oracle directory:

# cd /var/opt/oracle

Using a text editor, create a file called oraInst.loc that includes the following two lines:

inventory_loc=inventory_directory
inst_group=

On the first line, set the inventory_loc parameter to the directory defined by the ORACLE_BASE variable and the file named oraInventory. For example, if the value of the ORACLE_BASE variable is /u01/app/oracle, then set inventory_directory to /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory.

On the second line, include, but do not set, the inst_group= parameter.

The oraInst.loc file should be owned by both the oracle user and the ORAINVENTORY group.

# chown oracleinstall oraInst.loc
# chmod 664 oraInst.loc

At this point, you are ready to run the Installer in non-interactive mode.

Running EMCA in Non-interactive Mode
There are two methods to run Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant (EMCA):

As a non-interactive standalone method

As part of a non-interactive installation session

Using either method you can only create a new repository. You cannot delete, upgrade, or edit using EMCA in non-interactive mode.

EMCA Non-interactive Mode Standalone Method

To run standalone EMCA in non-interactive mode:

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP