最近访问板块 发新帖
查看: 2688 | 回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[SCO UNIX] 大家装neko_mozilla-1.8a3.tar了吗? [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2004-09-20 14:44 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
在精华区查到装neko_mozilla-1.8a3.tar可以让显示器显示中文, 我从neko 网站下载大约72m,可是用inst安装,说是缺少文件,大家是怎么解决的?
还有其他办法可以在irix下浏览中文网页嘛?

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 08:03 |只看该作者

大家装neko_mozilla-1.8a3.tar了吗?

要有中文环境才可以。
连字库都没有,怎么可能显示中文?

论坛徽章:
3 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 09:06 |只看该作者

那么怎样在英文环境下,用浏览器浏览中文呢?还有irix下,.tar.bz2用什么命令解压缩啊?

论坛徽章:
4 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 10:59 |只看该作者

[quote]原帖由 "samcd"]那么怎样在英文环境下,用浏览器浏览中文呢?[/quote 发表:

grab MS Arial TTF unicode from the internet and/or a windoze machine -- if you are using neko_mozilla1.8a3, or foetz's firebird0.93 for gtk2 -- both from www.nekochan.net/dnloads

No other proprietry Chinese software required.

[quote]原帖由 "samcd"]还有irix下,.tar.bz2用什么命令解压缩啊?[/quote 发表:

use sgi freeware -->; freeware.sgi.com -->; fw_bzip2

论坛徽章:
5 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-23 07:07 |只看该作者

Also see -->;

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=3250&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

论坛徽章:
6 [报告]
发表于 2004-10-09 21:57 |只看该作者

H.E. En_route,
i looked through the articles about Chinese fonts in neko forums .but i still have so problem about it.
1.u have told me to "grab MS Arial TTF unicode from the internet and/or a windoze machine".yes ,i do, and copy them to  usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/
2. but when i install Mozilla, it still says that the short  of something.
3. and sgi1991 said "要有中文环境才可以。
连字库都没有,怎么可能显示中文?", 中文环境就是指中文字库嘛?

论坛徽章:
7 [报告]
发表于 2004-10-10 10:33 |只看该作者

原帖由 "samcd" 发表:
H.E. En_route,
i looked through the articles about Chinese fonts in neko forums .but i still have so problem about it.
1.u have told me to "grab MS Arial TTF unicode from the internet and/or a windo..........

Hmmm, very soon [say after graduation], you will contribute to leading our countrymen from less developed to a more developed status. It will be advantageous, therefore, to start developing your discerning power on dealing with apparently conflicting information -- as with all research and development workers, managers and leaders alike. At times, you may even need to patch existing stuff to suit your own application [just like you did well for qt-x11-333]. And at times, you have to start from scratch..... Surely you would not expect non-Chinese speaking friends are particularly interested in the Chinese language. I am Chinese and therefore I posted one or two postings in more resourced forums (like www.nekochan.net) to get a clue or another, testing them out my little experiments on my machines. When successful, I post it here for reference by others. It is a bit unfortunate that my Chinese input skills are very limited and I have to post in English -- just to lengthen a bit my limited "useful life-span." Perhaps you may translate my postings into Chinese for the benefit of a wider Chinese audience.

Going back to the question raised on displaying Chinese [versus a true Chinese Environement], I suggest you look at/or approach the issue this way:

Web sites in Chinese codes, e.g. GB2312, has already had the GB2312 codes in the web-pages, can we extract them and displayed them properly? That was the exactly the question I asked myself a couple of months ago when I post "Eureka ..firefox 0.6 displaying GB2312.." The posting, of course, confirms that it is not only possible but actually shows how by running CXterm [written and enhanced by some Chinese or Asian student while studying/working overseas.
No proprietary SGI software is required.

the Cxterm can still be found at neko-downloads-contrib-nekonoko as cxterm-5.1p2-irix.tar.gz. I suggest you give it a try and see if you are convinced that you can display Chinese characters properly under IRIX 6.5 without resorting to the use of proprietray SGI software.

For mozilla + arialuni.ttf -- just take it as a natural development/enhancement from firefox 0.6 + cxterm --->; mozilla + arialuni.ttf to displaying the Chinese Character set properly.

My route is this:

[1] firefox 0.6 + cxterm

http://chinaunix.net/jh/12/145348.html

[2] firefox 0.9x - gtk1 + cxterm

http://bbs.chinaunix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399738&highlight=en_route

[3] firefox 0.9x - gtk2 + arialuni.ttf / mozilla1.8a3 + gtk2

http://bbs.chinaunix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399742&highlight=en_route

http://bbs.chinaunix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399743&hightlight=en_route

Note the difference between gtk1 and gtk2 -- see nekochan - downloads - contrib - foetz. In particular, the different character sets used by cxterm and gtk2/arialuni.ttf.

Bye for now.

论坛徽章:
8 [报告]
发表于 2004-10-11 13:17 |只看该作者

i made it! Thank u +_*
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP