Chinaunix

平台 论坛 博客 文库
最近访问板块 发新帖
查看: 1093 | 回复: 0

Understanding Linux Network Internals Section 1.1 [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
发表于 2006-01-23 01:53 |显示全部楼层
1.1. Basic Terminology
In this section, I'll introduce terms and abbreviations that are going to be used extensively in this book.
1.1. 基本术语
在这一部分,我将介绍广泛地用于这一本书的术语和缩写。
Eight-bit quantities are normally called octets in the networking literature. In this book, however, I use the more familiar term byte. After all, the book describes the behavior of the kernel rather than some network abstraction, and kernel developers are used to thinking in terms of bytes .
八位字节通常被叫做八-比特在网络文献。 在本书中,我仍然使用比较常见的字节项。毕竟,书中描述内核的行为并非将一些网络抽象化,而且内核开发者习惯于字节项的思想。
The terms vector and array will be used interchangeably.
术语矢量和矩阵会被交替地使用。
When referring to the layers of the TCP/IP network stack, I will use the abbreviations L2, L3, and L4 to refer to the link, network, and transport layers, respectively. The numbers are based on the famous (if not exactly current) seven-layer OSI model. In most cases, L2 will be a synonym for Ethernet, L3 for IP Version 4 or 6, and L4 for UDP, TCP, or ICMP. When I need to refer to a specific protocol, I'll use its name (i.e., TCP) rather than the generic Ln protocol term.
当提及TCP/IP 网络层次的时候,我将会使用分别的用缩写 L2 , L3 和 L4 来表示数据链路层,网络层和传输层。 这些数字是以出名的七层的 OSI模型为基础 (如果不是很严密的讨论) 。 在大部份的情形下, L2 将会是以太网络的一个同义字, L3对应IPV4版本或IPV6版 , L4对应 UDP ,TCP或ICMP。 当我需要提及一个特定的协议的时候,我将使用它的名字 (也就是类似于提及, TCP) 并非总称的 Ln 层协议。
In different chapters, we will see how data units are received and transmitted by the protocols that sit at a given layer in the network stack. In those contexts, the terms ingress and input will be used interchangeably. The same applies to egress and output. The action of receiving or transmitting a data unit may be referred to with the abbreviations RX and TX, respectively.
在不同的章节中,我们将会看到数据单位如何通过协议在给定的网络堆栈层来接收、传输。 联系上下文,术语进口和输入将会可交换地被用,同样的对应出口和输出。同时,接收或传输一个数据单位的行为可能会缩写成 RX 和 TX 。
A data unit is given different names, such as frame, packet, segment, and message, depending on the layer where it is used (see C

本文来自ChinaUnix博客,如果查看原文请点:http://blog.chinaunix.net/u/1880/showart_69963.html
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP