平台 论坛 博客 文库
最近访问板块 发新帖
查看: 8677 | 回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

SOLARIS会不会消亡 [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
1 [报告]
发表于 2007-09-23 23:13 |显示全部楼层
Don\'t jump into the conclusion too soon. In history, most of the people who claim that they could predict the future failed miserably. A lot of people predicted that Unix was going to die soon ten years ago when Linux took on the enterprise computing. But it didn’t happen. Oracle CEO Larry Ellison predicted in the 90s that network PC was going to prevail and invested a lot of money in it. It didn’t happen. He pushed for ASP model in the late 90s and that didn’t happen either. Novell was so popular in the 90’s but it was defeated by Microsoft windows. Sybase was the predominant database in the 90s but lost most of its ground to Oracle. There are so many examples in history which leads me to believe that the only predictable thing in IT industry is the unpredictable. With the way Sun and Solaris is going such as opensource etc, I don’t think Solaris is going to die. But I could be wrong. The only thing you can do to protect yourself is diversification. Don’t hang on one tree. Master a few skills instead of just one. Don’t fell in love with any technology. Fell in love with the dynamic and fast changing nature of the IT industry. Be excited about the fact that you always have something new to learn everyday and you will never get bored. If one day that you started to feel seriously that IT is changing too fast and you can’t keep up with its pace, it is time to quit and do something else.

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2007-09-24 07:29 |显示全部楼层
如果Sun的硬件性能没有很大改进的话,这只是迟早的事情,现在x86的性能太强了。
Sun is commited to improve Solaris X86. Sun also has its own line of X86 hardware with can run both Solaris and Linux. A few days ago, Sun teamed up with Microsoft to run windows on its X86 hardware. It is a dynamic game.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP