打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备份软件] 做Legato Networker的朋友看看,可能有所帮助。 [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2003-02-12 08:44 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Inq (TechnicalUser) Feb 11, 2003
Hi,

I am a newbie to Legato and had no joy with backing up without errors yet, so it's a plea to all you Legato experts.  I will try and break my system down;

Legato Networker version 6.0.1 Build 174
Registered -
Autochanger/8 slots
ClientPak for Unix
Networker Module for Oracle UNIX client/1
Networker, Turbo/10
Update/7

Upon setting up the system I created a new group, new pool, new schedule and new label template for our company.

Legato Networker Server - 'Saturn' - NT 4.0 Server
File/Print Server - 'Triton' - NT 4.0 Server
File/Print Server - 'Apollo' - NT 4.0 Server
File/Print Server - 'Neptune' - NT 4.0 Server
Oracle DB Server - 'BamBam' - Solaris Unix

The hardware is a Quantum DLT7000 Tape Library with 7 70GB tapes and a barcode reader.

I installed the client software on the servers and did a name resolution to ensure they could see the server and the server could see them.

I put the clients into the new group/pool and did savesets = all.  I added the clients into our new pool, new group, selected the label template and labelled all the tapes.

I set the browse/retention policy to a decade and selected NT compression and Unix compression directives - Everything else left as default.

I set the backup to run @ 3AM.

The group completed with errors;

Unsuccessful savesets

bambam:All 5 retries attempted
bambam:All nsrexec:authtype nsrexec
bambam:All savefs:unknown host name saturn
pebbles:All 5 retries attempted
pebbles:All nsrexec:authtype nsrexec
pebbles:All savefs:unknown host name saturn
pebbles:index 5 retries attempted
pebbles:index 02/10/03 08:31 nsrexec:Attempting to kill on remote save
pebbles:index aborted due to inactivity

The rest of the clients seem to backup fine.  There are some errors;
unsyncronized client clock detected
NTUSER.DAT cannot open as in use
(Neptune) System State :\ aborted due to inactivity
(Neptune) Repair Disk :\aborted due to inactivity

The tapes were full and 100% full.  It was also wanting to write the bootstrap and index to a different tape.  I have browsed the forum and found a thread which hopefully will solve it.

So with the Unix machines not backing up at all and errors when backing up NT, I am unconfident of any kind of disaster recovery plan involving Legato at the moment.  I realise it could be my lack of inexperience but I think the product could be a little more user friendly.

I realise that this new post is long, but I have tried to give as much information as possible to you guys to see if you can help me out.  I have tried Legato.com but after I sent my daemon.log file 5 times, they don't seem interested or are too busy to help.  I thought I would get some help from the true techies!

Regards,

Inq

Mark this post as a helpful/expert post!

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate.
joeunixadmin (TechnicalUser) Feb 11, 2003
Hi,

It looks like a DNS problem.  NetWorker performs a reverse lookup on clients when attempting a backup.  If you don't have DNS entries for the clients AND server you need to make them and include the reverse maps.  If the entries are there, make sure that they are correct and that the reverse maps were created.

Check the DNS entries using nslookup.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

kcongdon (Types) Feb 11, 2003
1.  Try adding a HOSTS file or /etc/hosts file listing all the clients and the Legato server itself to the Legato server.   Consider adding a HOSTS file or /etc/hosts file with an entry for the Legato server to every client.  In theory a DNS server will handle name resolution properly in place of HOSTS files.  In practice it doesn't always work right.

2.  If the Legato server has more than one network interface, make sure all clients have all the interfaces listed in their /nsr/servers files.

Kate

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

rgzimmer (MIS) Feb 11, 2003
You do NOT want your browse policy set to a decade. You will run out of space on your server and/or have problems doing restores in about 6 months to a year.

Browse should be no more than 30 days unless you do a lot of restores, but even then making it longer is a gamble. Save set restores aren't that difficult.

As for the failures, look at the client set up and make sure that all aliases are listed on the client preferences tab. If one is missing and it is a valid host name on the client, you will get failures.

Are you using 6.01 on all machines? The "unsyncronized client clock detected" error is a message from 5.x I thought. I haven't seen it since we upgraded to 6.x.

And you shoudl seriously consider 6.1.3. It should be a free upgrade for you.

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

Inq (TechnicalUser) Feb 11, 2003
Thank you for all your posts.  

Kate / Joe -
I have added as you said enteries in the the HOSTS and posted on all clients and the server.  From the Unix machines it looked as though it was having problems with resolving the full DNS name it was trying to look for. Fingers crossed for the next backup - Thank you

rgzimmer -
Thank you for your advice on the browse period.  I will take your advice and set it to 30 days (we don't do file restores that often).  I checked the aliases and entered everything possible short of MAC address and inside leg measurement (Hopefully the host file will sort that one).  I will check all client versions.  That could be a problem as we had different versions. I will check to see if we can download the update from Legato as we don't have a support contract with them anymore.  They did used to send us them at one point but stopped.

Does anyone else have a support contract with them, if so is it good value and are your response times quick?

Thank you again for your time in replying.  I will know if it's looking healthier in the morning!

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2003-02-14 12:47 |只看该作者

做Legato Networker的朋友看看,可能有所帮助。

写的什么哦,看不懂,翻译一下
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP