查看: 29866 | 回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

mysql-server,mysql-devel...各有什么不同呢? [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 15:13 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
刚刚接触mysql,想问问各位大哥
mysql-server,mysql-devel,mysql-client...各有什么不同呢?

实际上我的QMAIL使用mysql数据库的,我应该安装Mysql的那些包呢?mysql总共有哪里包呢?

现在的mysql(RedHat 9.0)稳定版本是什么呢?

请各位大哥指点哦

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 15:35 |只看该作者

mysql-server,mysql-devel...各有什么不同呢?

MySQL-VERSION.i386.rpm MySQL服务器。除非你只是想要与运行在其他机器上MySQL服务器连接,否则你将需要它。
MySQL-client-VERSION.i386.rpm 标准MySQL客户程序。你可能总是需要安装这个包。
MySQL-bench-VERSION.i386.rpm 测试和基准程序。需要Perl和msql-mysql-modules RPM。
MySQL-devel-VERSION.i386.rpm 所需的库和包含文件。如果你想要编译其他MySQL客户程序, 例如Perl模块。
MySQL-VERSION.src.rpm 包含上述所有包的源代码。它也能被用来尝试为其他硬件平台构造RPM(例如,Alpha或SPARC)。
查看一个RPM包中的所有文件:

shell>; rpm - qpl  MySQL-VERSION.i386.rpm
实施一个标准的最小安装,运行这个命令:

shell>; rpm -i MySQL-VERSION.i386.rpm  MySQL-client-VERSION.i386.rpm

论坛徽章:
3 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 15:54 |只看该作者

MySQL 5.0 is the newest development release series and is under very active development for new features. Alpha releases have been issued to allow more widespread testing.
MySQL 4.1 is in gamma status, soon moving to production status.
MySQL 4.0 is the current stable (production-quality) release series. New releases are issued for bugfixes. No new features are added that could diminish the code stability.
MySQL 3.23 is the old stable (production-quality) release series. This series is retired, so new releases are issued only to fix critical bugs.

找到答案了,谢谢

论坛徽章:
4 [报告]
发表于 2004-09-21 16:02 |只看该作者

In most cases, you only need to install the MySQL-server and MySQL-client packages to get a functional MySQL installation. The other packages are not required for a standard installation. If you want to run a MySQL-Max server that has additional capabilities, you should also install the MySQL-Max RPM. However, you should do so only after installing the MySQL-server RPM.

If you get a dependency failure when trying to install the MySQL 4.0 packages (for example, ``error: removing these packages would break dependencies: libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by ...''), you should also install the package MySQL-shared-compat, which includes both the shared libraries for backward compatibility (libmysqlclient.so.12 for MySQL 4.0 and libmysqlclient.so.10 for MySQL 3.23).

The following RPM packages are available:

MySQL-server-VERSION.i386.rpm The MySQL server. You will need this unless you only want to connect to a MySQL server running on another machine. Note: Server RPM files were called MySQL-VERSION.i386.rpm before MySQL 4.0.10. That is, they did not have -server in the name.
MySQL-Max-VERSION.i386.rpm The MySQL-Max server. This server has additional capabilities that the one provided in the MySQL-server RPM does not. You must install the MySQL-server RPM first, because the MySQL-Max RPM depends on it.
MySQL-client-VERSION.i386.rpm The standard MySQL client programs. You probably always want to install this package.
MySQL-bench-VERSION.i386.rpm Tests and benchmarks. Requires Perl and the DBD::mysql module.
MySQL-devel-VERSION.i386.rpm The libraries and include files that are needed if you want to compile other MySQL clients, such as the Perl modules.
MySQL-shared-VERSION.i386.rpm This package contains the shared libraries (libmysqlclient.so*) that certain languages and applications need to dynamically load and use MySQL.
MySQL-shared-compat-VERSION.i386.rpm This package includes the shared libraries for both MySQL 3.23 and MySQL 4.0. Install this package instead of MySQL-shared if you have applications installed that are dynamically linked against MySQL 3.23 but you want to upgrade to MySQL 4.0 without breaking the library dependencies. This package has been available since MySQL 4.0.13.
MySQL-embedded-VERSION.i386.rpm The embedded MySQL server library (from MySQL 4.0).
MySQL-VERSION.src.rpm This contains the source code for all of the previous packages. It can also be used to rebuild the RPMs on other architectures (for example, Alpha or SPARC).
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP