[NetBSD] Upgrading NetBSD 1.6 to 1.6.1 [复制链接]

论坛徽章:
跳转到指定楼层
1 [收藏(0)] [报告]
发表于 2003-03-14 09:55 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Upgrading NetBSD 1.6 to 1.6.1
======================
Author: SolarfluX

Here's a tutorial that shows how to upgrade a NetBSD system to 1.6.1 from 1.6.  I've included a few things that some documentation I've looked at seems to leave out.

As root, you'll want to set your environment variables in order to use cvs to get the new sources.

csh:
# setenv CVS_RSH ssh (as opposed to the non-encrypted pserver method, which won't be covered)
# setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

sh/ksh:
# export CVS_RSH=ssh
# export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

# cd /usr; cvs co -P pkgsrc (gets pkgsrc)

If you are updating pkgsrc, you will have to make deinstall in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install and then make install to have the latest version; otherwise you won't be able to install anything in /usr/pkgsrc.  If this is the first checkout of pkgsrc, then just make install in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install before attempting to install packages.

Type 'yes' to accept the RSA key and add the server to the list of known hosts, then enter 'anoncvs' for the password (no quotes).  After a delay, you will see the pkgsrc files downloading to your machine.  After that's done, get the new 1.6.1 sources:

# cvs co -rnetbsd-1-6-RC2 -PA src (when 1.6.1 is released, this will become netbsd-1-6-1)

This will take a long time...  Go get some food or take a little nap.

When finished, make the obj dir, cd to the src dir and build the tools:

# mkdir /usr/obj; cd src; ./build.sh -t

Another delay while it does its thing.

# cd /sys/arch/i386/conf
# cp GENERIC {CUSTOMKERNEL}
# vi {CUSTOMKERNEL} and make changes; if you compiled a custom kernel previously, skip this step and the previous one.
# /usr/obj/tools/tools.NetBSD-1.6-i386/bin/nbconfig {CUSTOMKERNEL}
# cd ../compile/{CUSTOMKERNEL}
# /usr/obj/tools/tools.NetBSD-1.6-i386/bin/nbmake depend
# /usr/obj/tools/tools.NetBSD-1.6-i386/bin/nbmake \
CC=/usr/obj/tools/tools.NetBSD-1.6-i386/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc
# mv /netbsd /netbsd.old; mv netbsd /
# reboot

After the system is back online, become root and build the world:

# cd /usr/src; ./build.sh -j3 (assigns three jobs per CPU)

Wait awhile; a 1.4 GHz machine took 70 minutes to complete building the world.

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/etcupdate; make install

This installs a utility which basically does the same thing as mergemaster on FreeBSD.

# etcupdate (NetBSD recommends that you reboot to single-user mode to run this, but it's not necessary; you may have problems with various daemons that are currently running, so beware)

You'll want to keep your original files for such things as named, hosts, resolv.conf or anything you've modified.  Anything that needs to be added to your original files should be merged into a new file.  Check the etcupdate man page if you're new to merging files.  If changed files are displayed which you haven't edited before, always install the new version.

After etcupdate completes, reboot and you're finished.

-SolarfluX 03.07.2003

论坛徽章:
2 [报告]
发表于 2003-05-31 08:47 |只看该作者

Upgrading NetBSD 1.6 to 1.6.1

good

-----------------------------------------------------------------
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则 发表回复

北京盛拓优讯信息技术有限公司. 版权所有 京ICP备16024965号-6 北京市公安局海淀分局网监中心备案编号:11010802020122 niuxiaotong@pcpop.com 17352615567
未成年举报专区
中国互联网协会会员  联系我们:huangweiwei@itpub.net
感谢所有关心和支持过ChinaUnix的朋友们 转载本站内容请注明原作者名及出处

清除 Cookies - ChinaUnix - Archiver - WAP - TOP